Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pure Lovin' No More Pride

So, here it goes...Why is it that we fight against the things in life that are good for us? I have been saying for some time now that I should start a blog so that I could journal more of what is going on with my family. I am always a little stubborn this way and have to be the last of my friends to take on adventures like this. I always tease my mom that she didn't love me as a baby because we don't have any record of who I was, how I grew, when I did certain things, etc. So this is my attempt at helping Lillie to feel loved and remembered. She is an amazing addition to our family and we are so blessed to have her. She is constantly trying out new tricks and is so determined to accomplish them. She wears herself out. She is probably going to resemble Olivia, the children's book. She loves her daddy and I can't wait for the day when she can run to him and greet him after a long day's work. I love being a mother and I pray that all women will be able to know the joy a mother has for her children. Teaching them and guiding them through life seems to be the daunting task of today, but hopefully, in the end, good choices will be made and lessons learned. We are getting ready to have my mom and sister, Tiffany, to visit us this weekend. I am so proud to call them my family. My mom has been so supportive of me and my decisions and I love her for it. Miss Tiffany is taking on an extreme adventure as she prepares to travel to the Darfur Region in Sudan where a mass genocide is taking place. She is so determined to help them and I am so proud of her. You can find out more information by going to www.stopgenocidenow.org. I guess this is a good introduction to my family and my life. I will be posting more later.

9 comments:

Tari said...

Love your blog but I want a new post about pheonix!!!

Kristi said...

I am so glad you made a blog!! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my friends list! Cute picture of Lily!!
Kristi

Kristi said...

Sorry, I just realised I spelled your daughters name wrong. Cute picture of Lillie :) It is right there at the top, how did I miss that one?

Tari said...

Tag your it get blogging

Kandice said...

Shauna-I'm so glad you started blogging. I hope you enjoy it as much as all us crazy girls do! Lillie is so cute and such a precious angel, she is very lucky to have you and Ryan as parents.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I didnt realize you had a blog, yeah for me, now I can spy on you and Lillie, Morgan will be so happy.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Hi Shauna! I found your blog through Kandice's, and am SO excited that I got to see your sweet Lillie. She is an absolute DOLL. I hadn't seen her since her and Nevie's blessing day! Can you believe they are almost a year old? I can't believe how much hair she has. Poor Nevie has hardly any still.

Anyway, I'm so glad you have a blog. I love being able to see what everyone is up to. I have a blog, but I had to make it private. If you'd like to check it out, please email me at nikolemerrell@gmail.com so I can add you. I would love to keep in touch with you this way!

Nikole and Brian Merrell

Tari said...

Okay you go around leaving comments but you don't update your blog? Get to work girl keep us up to date.

Veronica and TJ said...

Hey guys. It has been a long time. I am glad I found you. Your little girl is so cute. The last time we saw her she was still like four pounds.